Thursday, August 6, 2009

Local Nuggets (Connor Stefanison)


Hi everyone,
have you found that there are few nature photo opportunities in your area? If you live in an urban environment, this could be true. I live in Vancouver BC, Canada. Vancouver is a very busy city. As I finish my first year of photography right now, I reflect on the areas I've photographed. Of all the areas I photographed, Burnaby Lake has to be one of my favorites. Burnaby Lake is a marshy lake right in the middle of a big city, and it's only a short drive from my home. I have captured some of my best nature images, basically right in the heart of Vancouver. By finding a clump of nature in your city, I'm sure you will find a new love for your area, and a new appreciation for urban nature. These locations offer close to home shooting, that is usually safe and convenient.
To view some of my images from Burnaby Lake, check out my site :http://connorstefanison.zenfolio.com/ and check out my waterfowl album, to view some examples of what a big city has to offer.

Happy Shooting,
Connor

Ps. This image is of a female Wood Duck in a tree. This perch is one of the best kept secrets in the area!

2 comments:

Johan said...

Welcome to the blog Connor! I look forward to your future posts.
Johan

Nathanael Gass said...

Cool shot! Wood ducks are amazing photo subjects. It cool that you have a regular in a location you can easily access.

I look forward to future posts!

Nathanael