Monday, January 5, 2009

South Africa and Old Photos (Gabby)


















South Africa and Old Photos (Gabby Salazar)

I hope holidays have been great and filled with some time to get outside and shoot. I for one have been preparing for next summer and next fall. Recently I applied to spend next fall in South Africa through school. If you haven't learned about study abroad programs, they are a great opportunity to visit foreign countries when you are in college (sometimes when you are in high school). There are often great scholarships for these programs and you can choose to study in a city at a university or find field studies programs that take you into parks and wildernesses.

If you are interested in finding out more, you should check out: http://www.fieldstudies.com/, www.ots.duke.edu/, www.sit.edu/StudyAbroad/. All of these organizations offer great programs that will definitely be of interest to any outdoor photographers. I know that my photography helped me to get into the program in South Africa.
If you have any questions, email me. For now, check out these images that I pulled out of my archives while I was organizing.


- Gabby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks alot for the great post
Lurrenzinc is the fastest growing African social network to check out

african music videos

widi said...

Nice outdoor images.