Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just introducing myself (Alex Mody)

Hi everybody, my name is Alex Mody. I'm a seventeen-year-old nature photographer living in Vienna, Virginia. I'll be posting here a few times a week with field updates, "how-to" posts, and trip reports. I get out and photograph as much as possible, and I hope to share some of my experiences with you though this blog. This fall I will also be going on an extended trip throughout the country, and I plan to blog extensively over the course of my travels.


Here's a photograph I took in Maine this June. It was taken in Acadia National Park from the summit of the famous Cadillac Mountain. Instead of opting for the "typical" image from the top of the mountain, I set out to find an interesting foreground that would hopefully block out the harbor lights, thus creating an image with a more "natural" feel to it.



Please visit my website at www.alexmody.com to see more of my work.

No comments: