Sunday, March 22, 2009

NANPA Summit, continued.


Sorry it's taken so long, here is some more info from the NANPA summit.

Wednesday: We had an all day macro workshop. We spent all day making images, playing around, and having fun! We had a blast, and it was one of the best days there. Our instructors that day were Nancy Rotenburg, Les Saucier, and Kris Morgan. It was amazing!

Thursday: We attended the Summit, and went to presentations from top nature photographers on so many different topics. It was amazingly educational, and I can't begin to relate all of the stuff I learned.

Friday: Same as Thursday, but we also got a pizza party (Thanks to Hunt's Photo) a talk about the Nature's Best Student magazine, and a chat with Art Wolfe.

Saturday: More learning, and a chat with Norbert Rosing. We also gave our speech and presentation to the general membership.
Sunday: We left.

Image Metadata: ISO 800, f/6.3, 1/5th of a second. Canon EOS 50D with 100mm macro lens. Tripod, flowerpod.

4 comments:

Johan said...

Sounds like fun! How did you like the 100mm Macro in comparison to your Tamron 180mm? What time did the summit end on Saturday?
--Johan

Nathanael Gass said...

I loved the 100mm macro lens, but my favorite is still my Tamron 180mm. We also used a 180mm Canon, and that was really amazing. I wish I could shoot Canon now, but I'm already too deeply invested in Nikon.
The Summit ended at around 9:300 to 10:00, maybe even later. I didn't have a watch. The whole week was awesome.

Connor Stefanison said...

if i got to meet art wolfe. oughhhh

Johan said...

Connor, do you not like Art Wolfe? He is one of the top few nature photographers.